View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 06:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Steffi re: Requip vs. Mirapex

Steffi...Requip has been known to cause OCD, too. Being in the same "class" of drugs, I suppose that's no surprise. In our case, it is such a shame that Mirapex had such dire and dissastrous side effects because it worked so well for Doreen. She was as "happy as a lark" while all the while spending, spending, spending without a thought as to what that could mean for her..for us. I believe it was Charlie...maybe Greg...who mentioned having known someone to spend $250,000...I have often heard of this and, too, that many marriages have broken up due to the side effects of Mirapex. It is ironic that I am the one who first brought the OCD behavior side effect to both Doreen and her neurologist's attention...yet, it is I who will "venture/risk" asking him if he would consider prescribing Mirapex at a lower dosage than the 4.5 mg. that she was taking during one of the most terrible times of our lives. Actually, I suffered more than Doreen...she was having a "merry time of it" while I looked on and saw her changing before my eyes. Thankfully, I read about the possible OCD side effect at another forum...had no clue until then. I really didn't intend to go off on a tangent, here, about Mirapex...just wanted you, Steffi, to be aware of the same possibility with Requip for SOME people.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote