View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 08:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't get a sore throat.... but I do get sinus issues and ear infections.

I always assumed that the sinus/ear probelms were half caused by genetics (I have had sinus/ear problems since childhood and they run in the family) and half caused by the fact that I am a smoker.

But, when i think about it I realize that my sinus/ear issues disappeared in my early adult years, and returned around the time that my body went wonky.... so maybe I did outgrow the childhood problems, and they re-surfaced when the fibro came along.

One thing I know for certain - the staff at the doctors office love to roll their eyes when an adult calls complaining of an ear infection several times a year. I love my doctor and her nurse, but the front office staff has a problem and I always end up having to complain about a fake problem in order to get an appointment for an ear infection because the office staff all love telling me that "adults don't get ear infections" when I try to make an appointment.

One of these days, I'm going to make them come into the exam room and make them look in my ears with the doctor to be able to say "I told you so, adults sure can get ear infections"....
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote