Thread: Blood Tests
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 05:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Most of the time, I don't worry about things until I am told it is time to worry when it comes to medical/health issues. I did say "most" of the time. I just figure that worrying isn't going to change anything and if there was nothing to worry about, then I wasted a lot of time and energy worrying for nothing. It is also my way of coping and denial is my first choice until I am ready to cope.

All that being said, I have inflammatory markers frequently and have never been diagnosed with any type of cancer as of yet. I would be more concerned about being asked by your GP if your oncologist is still following you and checking on you.

Inflammatory markers is a vague statement and could be anything or nothing of concern.

I just got some blood results and for the FIRST time in over 30 years, my white blood cell count is actually within the normal range. Yes, my WBC count has been elevated for years and years.

I have also been told many times about having inflammatory markers.

I seem to worry more about what they (doctors) are going to do to me than the conditions that may present. I was very apprehensive about my eye doctor appt. today but it was the fear of what he might "do" during the appt. today.

If I sound like a "chicken", you got the right picture, especially when it comes to eye docs. I don't like anything near my eyes and they come at me with all kinds of machines, instruments, drops, etc. They poke and prod my eyes like a squishing ball.

See, I got so rattled today that I can't even respond properly to your post, Dave. I am going off topic.

NO, I don't think you need to be concerned (yet) but I do think you need to follow-up and get more information from your GP. Can you get him to be more specific and detailed?

PS I am scheduled for an eye surgery in 3 weeks. Not sure if I will show up. Already thinking about cancelling and it hasn't been 12 hours since I scheduled it.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-18-2015), EnglishDave (08-19-2015), Littlepaw (08-20-2015)