View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 07:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Dejavu
Thankyou for your time this morning I do appreciate it.
I am in Australia so not really sure about how it works over here. I have already called the police a few months ago because i thought they could help. He go physical with me (first time) grabed me pushed me into the wall ( because i had asked him to not talk to me at night anymore) i was scared didnt know what else to do so i called the police. They took out an Avo and charged him With assault. They told me its up to him to seek help they only care about keeping me and my son safe. We went to court and i spoke to domestic violence advocacy. They gave me the number for the brain institute and i got some fact sheets from them ( wouldve been nice to have gotten this info at the time he came out of surgery) then i realised its not domestic violence more that he doesnt recognise what he is doing. When i asked him why he reacted like that he said you attacked me. Looking in his eyes he is convinced i had attacked him.i can tell he is convinced he did not do any wrong. After speaking to the brain institute they told me yes he wouldve felt like that and it is a common thing to happen and that if i get my husband to call them the can explain and get the assesment done to see how much damage there is. I told him he wont call but they cannot call him. He has to make the first move. Again another dead end. In the meantime hes been living with his brother (who he loves) but ive noticed everythjng that was happening to me is now happening to his brother. His brother yells alot for no reason letting neighbours hear whats going on. That hes being insulted and wants to move out of his own home and live with strangers.... i know all of this i have been there so i tend to believe that my husband is behaving eratically over there and his brothers not coping... but when i ask he tells me his brother keeps yelling and hes just minding his own business. I know something is very wrong. This is not normal. Ive been told to call the crisis mental health line at the hospital but they will take him away and i know how much that will affect him and his life but im starting to feel i have no choice. I called the neurosurgry but sounds like they want nothing to do with it as there job is done. My last hope is to go to the gp and tell them whats happening i think if they send a letter out with an appointment he will go if he thinks its to do with his scans. But not sure if they are willing to do that. I moved away last year so to get to his gp is quiet hard now. Do you think if i go to my own gp they would liase with his?
jana82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-18-2015)