View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba222 View Post
My mother always said if you have nothing good to say, better not say it.

So, Mayo is very organized. Most of the staff and faculty are professional.

Now going against my raising:

There is still some bias and problems with lack of understanding at Mayo.
I have classic SFN symptoms and asked several times for a skin biopsy.

They did not do it, but did re-ordered the emg and nerve conduction tests and repeated almost all of my previous tests.

I spent weeks working on only bringing 100 pages of records (massive workups prior) to Rochester and the doctors did not even read them and made a show of skimming through them in a few minutes. My husband was incredulous.

The team did not meet, but said they read each others' findings. Did not seem that way by the way they responded to me and my husband.

I had the sweat test and it came back negative, so at that point, "I am believe that the patient's symptoms are not even neurological in nature. "

Summary: Spent thousands to be herded and give another skin disturbance and central sensitization diagnoses.

The Internist was nice, but deferred to the famous Neurologists.

If it weren't for the kind folks here, I would still be told that stress was causing my pain. Thank you friends on NeuroTalk!

Kept pushing and finally a non-Neurologist did the skin biopsy and my results were pronounced damage to sensory nerves.

After I was brave enough to tell my story to a select few in my personal life (due to not being believed prior), a few people told me that their experience was disappointing too with other medical conditions.

I felt deeply (FOR ME ONLY) that Mayo Clinic can be likened to the Wizard of Oz: "Follow the yellow brick road!"

Again, very efficient. Accustomed to diversity. Clean and organized.

Good luck with your decision and hope you get some answers soon.
I do think that they have to do their own testing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote