View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 08:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, here we are again. Saturday morning, and I even slept in until . . . 6:30 a.m., when my youngest child woke me up to announce proudly that he would be playing quietly by himself so I could rest. (This is the same child who is impossible to rouse on school mornings, of course, and usually has to be dragged out of his nest.)

Sally, I love the screw-on lid idea. Have you considered what else has screw-on lids? Like rum? It's cold and windy outside, and a hot toddy would be just the thing. I will be thinking of you this morning all wrapped up in something warm as you go about your day, expertly dodging the wine splotches on your floor . . .

Good morning, Mark. Pablo would be honored to join this group. May I say that as always, you know the way to the hearts of the forum members -- through our little purple feet.

Nancy! Hurray! In the spirit of the smiley face, let us break from the curmudgeonly feeling and take a moment for a lovely feel-good anthem:

"The 59th Street Bridge Song"

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
Hello lamppost,
What cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.

Got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.

Jean, I am so sorry you're having a tough time. I have three children, and I know I feel terrible about how my MS affects my parenting and our whole family. I know what you mean about being tired, about being impatient. It's also that much more difficult when you're by yourself -- I'm a single parent; your husband is in Iraq.

You don't need to be done venting. Venting is great. Venting helps. Please, vent! That's what this thread is for!

Susan: do I understand correctly that you dropped into this thread just to brag? Hmph. Perhaps when you come out of the basement you'll be appropriately depressed and have something useless to add, like a new recipe for a brain mold. (That's what I'm really depending on you for, you know . . .)

Judy, I'm sorry to hear that your beverages are restricted. It's frustrating to see your world shrinking, no matter which area is involved. However, have you considered Dr. Pepper? At least it's a pretty color . . . purple again!
bluesky63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote