View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 08:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry I didn't have time the other day to thank you for your post, Rashelle! You are so right about curry. I may only eat it every couple of months, but when I want it, I want it. So I'm very grateful that it wasn't the curry. I haven't got up enough nerve yet to give the buckwheat another try. I'm getting over getting glutened Thursday, and fructosed yesterday. I just have no self control. We had to go to Jackson, so stopped at a Chinese restaurant. First time I've eaten Chinese since going GF. I tried to avoid anything with soy sauce, anything breaded, noodles, etc, still got glutened. Of course, I was pretty sure I would, because of cross contamination, not to mention hidden gluten. I just couldn't resist. Interestingly, the first reaction to the gluten was joint pain and fatigue. Started with that Thursday evening. Then Friday came the gastrointestinal problems, pain, diarrhea, gas, the usual. Then silly me, saw a watermelon and couldn't resist. I do love fruit, but it doesn't love me. I tried to only have 2 slices, shared the rest with my family, but it still gave me the runs.
Greed, that's what it is. Every once in awhile, it just seems to break out!
Hugs,