View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 03:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Nigel,

How kind of you to remember that we had our appointment with the consultant yesterday. I'd like to say that it's given me hope for the future, but I'm not sure whether optimism is the keyword at the moment.

When questioned about the drastic cut in Roprinirole from 16mg to 8mg, he stood firm, and wouldn't hear about titration, saying if he felt it necessary he would cut it completely. Fortunately, after hearing my husband's hallucinations seem to be lessening, he decided to leave the Roprinirole dose at 8mg for the time being.

Our main focus was on my husband being unable to move in bed, and to help this he has prescribed Sinimet CR 100mg to be taken about an hour before bedtime. He said that my husband's last dose of Madopar at 8 p.m., when he also takes his Roprinirole 8mg, was not sufficient to last him through the many hours of night, which made sense to us.

We're therefore hopeful that when the nighttime Sinimet kicks in, he might have better nights, and be a bit more mobile, i.e. be able to get in and out of bed for the toilet, rather than having to wear a pad overnight, which, frankly, is ghastly for both of us. Me for having to fit and remove it, and him for the same reasons, plus having to lie in it.

On the long drive home I was fretting that I didn't get round to talking about my husband's decreased mobility during the day, the lack of being able to use a normal toilet, (i.e. one that isn't raised by the special seat the OT gave us) and various other things. There's only so much time allocated in the appointment, and my mind was all over the place.

Having said that, I don't think at this early stage of winding down the Roprinirole that he would have been prepared to prescribe even more medication, so we'll just have to see how the next few weeks pan out.

Sorry for the long-winded reply.

Hope you are as well as possible, and look forward to your comments.

Kind regards,

Viv
budgies is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote