View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 05:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all so much for all your input and patience with me.

It is a week today since I have both of my TC's drained.

I am not in the bad pain I was in from the trapped nerves but it is still there and then I have a few years left for the lower back to repair itself & I guess from the damage done to the nerves.

I am having headaches which I would presume would be very bad only for all the pain meds I am still on.

I guess and would hope NOT... That they are due to the TC's filling again with spinal fluid but I am getting out of bed now in the mornings putting my feet on the floor for the 1st time in years without chronic pain in my back so I guess it is working so far and I find that I am forgetting to take my meds at the proper time's as I dont feel the pain as much any more.

I am praying that all my very bad pain is now over and I can get on with my life to a better pain management.

Nothing prepared me for the headache the minute they began to drain the spinal fluid form the TC's it was terrible and I thought I was going to die but they then rehydrated me quickly, gave me some pain relief and then sedated me for the 4 hours that I had to lie on my back to let the spinal fluid settle.

To be honest I was terrified of the whole procdure because I could find not find anything on my research in TC's and the drainage (apperation) for the whole of Ireland and when asked how many they had done and was told
only 5 in 18 months and the reason mine were being done was because both were so large and trapping nerves on each side.

So lets hope that this will work for me and if not they will drain them for a second time and then said surgery will be the next option which I hope not as they know nothing about TC's in Ireland and I just cannot afford to go anywhere else to get them done and if treatment is avaible in Ireland for me then my health insurance will not pay for me to go to Europe to see this wonderful man Dr Feigenbaum, so that will never be an option for me.
Hannie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote