View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 08:09 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Be prepared.
Are you going to be open to trying antibiotic therapy?
You will most likely be diagnosed clinically with a tick borne illness as every symptom you have is consistent with neurological lyme.

I live in the highest lyme rate in the country.
I too have almost every neurological symptom except for swelling in any of my joints.The lack of swelling in my joints is what causes the infectious disease dr. to think it is not lyme. I went to an llmd and he was ready to treat with tetracycline, diflucan, and an herbal formula. He said it could take over a year of treatment.

My neurologist doesn't think its a good idea- won't tell me what to do, but doesn't think there is enough evidence that the llmd's are right. I went in February to the llmd. I told him I will wait it out and decided if things got worse I would go on the treatment. I am going to see what happens until around October/November and then revisit the option.

I did try a month of doxycycline given to me by the infectious disease doctor because he told me that there is a strain of lyme that doesn't have a test yet. It didn't help or cause a herx. I asked the llmd why and he said it wasn't the right med to target the infection.

I'm not trying to deter you at all, just giving my experience. I am in the middle with this decision myself.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-19-2015), janieg (08-19-2015), madisongrrl (08-19-2015), mrsD (08-19-2015)