Thread: Joan M.
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 08:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi sue,
sounds like you are having a bad day. sorry. take it at that, and get up tomorrow and try again. i have lasted with this rsd the same way i have gotten through the rest of my hip troubles and pain all my life, i ignore what i can, medicate what i can, and then i live life as best i can. i have some horrible days, and i cry at time, but mostly i assess my 'spoons' for the day and get on with it.
i do not wait for someone to understand me ... i tried that ... no one 'gets it'. and i have larned not to do what others demand of me, but what i feel i can and want to do. it is survival, Sue.
i do not believe i deserve this, or that it is a punishment, although at times it can feel that way. i believe it pushes me to do and feel and be what i am meant to do and feel and be. it is not my choice, but how i deal with it is.
now as for concerts ... i went to see peter paul and mary a few months ago and they are my favorites since as far back as my teens and that is far back ... and i feel i enjoyed it more than most because getting there, and having that joy, is something extra special to you and me. it means more because it is a big deal to get there and sit through it. i floated for day saying to myself .. i actually saw them and sang with them! so, i do hope you thoroughly enjoy your concert and feel how special it is, and come home a bit refreshed.
you know sue, your life and mine have crossed for a reason. we have a sister heart i think. i know how you felt as a child, a teen, and now with rsd as an adult. i will be here for you, and i look forward to many chats together. you can complain to me or share a good day ... i'm happy to be here for you and visa versa!
my daughter is moved into her house.. i way way way over did helping, and i am sooo in pain and tired, but she is in and she did not life a box. i orchestrated and helped organize, and her boys and my husband worked and worked. so now we will fix up the place with the curtain etc. and get ready for the twins! i will keep you posted over the months to come for sure. today i was a at graduation party for my nephew and she came in and was the center of attention ha! everyone loves that you are having twins! it was great. she is glowing.
so chin up my sister. and tell me about the concert.
joan