View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Should I play sport...

Hi,

I play football (soccer) reguarly and in February 2015 I was hit and fell from a height and landed on the back of my head. I wasn't fully knocked out but i blacked out for a few seconds and was very groggy from the incident. At the time I had no scans and was released by the hospital and told to rest.

However nearly 6 months later, I am getting slight headaches and a tender feeling on and off when I touch the back of my head. It isn't too painful, but something that concerns me as I do play sport regulaery.

My doctor has referred me for a CT scan and an x-ray of my spine to check for whiplash and examine my head.

The question I have is should I return to sports? I took around 3 weeks off then returned to playing back at the time of the incident, however I am now sceptical whether or not I should be playing, in case of further damage to my skull? The headaches like I said arent too strong, however they are enhanced slightly after I have played, but are quelled by painkillers.

So do you think I am safe to play contact sport 6 months after the incident even though I do still have symtoms?
tome98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote