View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngal View Post
I spent a week at the Rochester Mayo as well. They are very good at organizing your week so you will fit numerous tests into the 1 week span.
I met with Dr. Dyck there for a neurologist for my first appointment of the week. We went over my history etc. I then spent the next several days doing numerous tests: emg/ncv, sweat test, tilt table test, pet scan. 24 hour urine, sural nerve biopsy, spinal tap, phy therapy, there were more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. They also did a ton of lab work, most of which had already been done by my home neurologist.
Then at the end of the week you will meet back with your Dr. and he/she will go over all the test results with you and send you home with a thorough report and recommendations for your own neurologist.
There are many hotels near the hospital but they are pricey. I stayed at a budget place which I rented by the week---it was very inexpensive and had a small kitchenette. There was a Wal*mart nearby, so I just took a cab there and got food for the week.
There was a bus that ran routinely from the hotel to the hospital, so you had free transportation.
I flew into the small airport in Rochester that was not very far from the hospital and hotels.
Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.
Dr. Dyck is of the best. He is a Professor of Neurology and involved in all things pertaining to it. He is an authority concerning peripheral neuropathy for one.

http://www.mayo.edu/research/faculty...d/bio-00025843

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (08-20-2015), northerngal (08-20-2015)