View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 11:22 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrambatra884 View Post
I got scalp psoriasis on my face from few months, any treatment for this?

I have been dealing with some scaling on my face; especially forehead and hairline/scalp. The dermatologist I saw diagnosed this as Seborrheic/Seborrhea Dermatitis.

I also have been dealing with some eruptions on my shoulders which the doctor said were second cousin to Psoriasis. My elbows have some scaling as well. The doctor said this was Psoriasis. My dermatologist says; "all of these issues are either Psoriasis or 2nd cousin to Psoriasis.

I was prescribed Promiseb which is a topical cream for my face (use daily) and can be used for shoulders, as well as elbows.
The doctor also told me to use Selsun Blue Dandruff Shampoo once or twice a week to control the scaling for the hairline/head. This has improved these issues; but is something that will likely be ongoing.

Dermarest Psoriasis Mediated Treatment Gel has helped limit the shoulder and elbow issues, as well as the Dermarest Psoriasis Medicated Moisturizer (both of these can be purchased at Walmart). I use these two every evening before bedtime. These have improved my issues; but will need to be used daily as well.

Not sure if this info will be helpful; but thought it might be worth looking into.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 08-19-2015 at 11:59 AM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-19-2015), MelodyL (08-19-2015)