View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 09:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'd like to second what Liza Jane posted, and add something which I think will be the start of you dealing with your pain if you take it to heart.

You need to get your emotions under control in order to effectively deal with this and get relief. Just screaming HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP will not get you effective help. I think you need more than a hug right now. You need hard information, and you need the calmness and patience to put it into use.

Strong negative emotion makes any pain worse, and especially nerve pain. Strong emotion means fear, anger, frustration, worry, hate, panic.

If you calm down and get rid of the panic and just accept emotionally that you have a lot of pain right now and you'll have to endure it for a while, and that you WILL survive, pain or not, I think you'll find that the pain becomes less.

So take a deep breath, and deal with this powerfully. You have not done so in this forum so far. That's why I haven't replied till now. I don't think you've been ready to hear anything that doesn't offer INSTANT relief.

Check out http://www.theacpa.org/people/ten_steps.asp , and the rest of the American Chronic Pain Association site. For your sake, consider what you have to do, and then come back here when you're ready to take charge of yourself, give us the information we need to help, and to listen.