View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 01:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD ME View Post
hi abigal. i am sorry you have rsd. i have had it for almost five years and it started in my right hand and wrist after breaking it. i found a pm dr who did nerveblocks which helped a little and a neurologist who gave me prednisone for a short time to help with swelling. i also had six months of pt and now have a home exercise program of light stretches. i am not ready for a scs and accupuncture only made my rsd spread. right now my pain is managed by gabapentin and pain killers that my pm dr prescribes. if gabapentin doesnt help maybe you can ask you pm dr what he thinks of trying lyrica. i never tried lyrica but have heard of others who say it helps them. i am not a dr so i would ask him but don't give up hope. there are treatments and meds to help manage rsd pain. you just have to find the one that works for you. it takes some time before you will find the right thing to help you. but there are things that can help. you just have to find the right dr to help you. just take it a day at a time. this group is amazing and has helped me to deal with my rsd journey. sending gentle hugs your way.
Thank you for your advice

I am going to give nerve blocks a go if offered them, a few people have said they did get some relief from their nerve blocks so they can't all be a waste of time. I wouldn't be able to have acupuncture due to the sensitivity of my skin, my physio cannot even touch me sometimes without causing a lot of pain, I think sticking needles in my skin would be unbearable. I think that lyrica is a brand name for pregabalin? If so then I have tried it, it caused terrible drowsiness and did nothing for the pain unfortunately I am going to the doctors tomorrow to discuss other options though. This will be my first trip to the GP since my diagnosis so hopefully things will start to fall into place.

Thank you for your support everyone, it is much appreciated xx
abigailsophiex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote