Old 08-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie View Post
I hear you on how frustrating psoriasis can be! I have it all over and, like your husband, also have a vitamin D deficiency, one that is less than half of where it should be. My nurse told me that that is a big contributor in the psoriasis factor, and when other patients of hers get their D up, their psoriasis disappears. Unfortunately, raising the D level takes a while, as you know, and I haven't been able to get it past 25 (partially due to the fact that I don't always remember to take my pills and largely due to the fact that I live up North!). Someone on these boards mentioned that there is a vitamin D cream, and I think I will try that next. Please keep us posted if anything does work for your husband!
This may mean something, it may not.

I had an uncle who had it. He'd go through periods of remission. I remember when he was in remission he had a tan. He'd sit outside in the sun everyday for an hour sometimes longer but he always had a tan. Another thing he did was turkey. Yep, raw turkey meat right on his skin. He did this everyday and it really helped him. Not turkey loaf but real turkey meat. He always had a turkey, uncooked, in various stages in his refrigerator. He was doing this for years and it really helped.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-19-2015), ger715 (08-19-2015), MelodyL (03-15-2016)