View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thank you my dear.

Busy? You want to hear busy?

Yesterday was the foot molding place, Hanger Clinic, and they molded Alan for his custom molded shoes and orthotics. I thought today I would have the day to myself. Not happening.

I get a call later yesterday saying 'Can Alan come in tomorrow for blood work and anaesthesia interview (sorry spelling).lol Of course I said 'sure'

This morning they call us up and say "Can you come in right now?"

We grabbed a cab, went to Lutheran and then began 4 to 5 hours of blood work (that was nothing, took five minutes) but we had to go into 3 separate rooms where they asked the exact same questions. I have no idea why but they did this. I happened to mention "didn't we just answer those questions in the other two rooms"? The person said "you are right but this is how we do this, we go over everything again and again".

We arrived at 9:30 am. and finished at 3:30 p.m. Then grabbed another cab home.

Tomorrow we go into NYC for the neuropathy support group meeting.

Friday is the Podiatrist.

I get off Sat and Sun, and Monday he gets ready for Tuesday's procedure.

They gave him a little packet with a bottle and some towels and he has to take a shower with half the bottle and rinse off right before bedtime and then get up at 4:a.m. and take another shower with the rest of the stuff. They said 'it's to disinfect". Then we grab ANOTHER cab and probably we will have to be there by 6:30 a.m. or so. We won't know until Monday night when someone is supposed to call us and tell us what time to come to the hospital Tuesday morning and where to go.

They also said 'He will most likely stay overnight" which means I shall, yet again, be sleeping in the chair right next to him. Because if you think I'm going to leave this man alone after all he's been through with the flomax side effects, the fainting, etc. etc, forget it. I don't let him out of my sight.

then he will come home with a catheter and I gather I just keep the rest of his body parts clean for one week and then we go back to the urologist.

I'm glad I bought a wig, I'm too tired to do my own hair. lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (08-20-2015), DejaVu (08-19-2015)