View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 09:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When I was first dx'd I had MRIs a month apart, just as a way of confirming the dx. (I was admitted to the hospital on 3-31-00; had all sorts of tests including MRIs that night; got the the dx on 4-1-00; and then had another set of MRIs a month later, which showed new and different lesions, clinching the dx.)

The neuro wanted me to have my second set of MRIs on a better machine at a higher quality facility. I don't know if that's a factor for you. The hard thing is that, as others have pointed out, there could be so many factors that you really can't know what the issue is.

One of the skills you acquire along with a neurological problem is the ability to wait . . . and wait . . . and wait . . . and live with unanswered questions and issues that actually can't be answered exactly.

You've gotten great advice. As others have said, just try to relax for now, and when you have the chance, ask the neuro personally exactly *why* you should do another set of MRIs, and explain that the cost is a major issue for you.

Good luck! :-)
bluesky63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote