View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 07:40 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Kevscar,

I hope you are doing alright.

I agree that it shares features with a TENS. It stimulates the nerve from outside the body. I think maybe the amplitude technical specs are different in the way that Frequency Specific Microcurrent is similar but different from TENS.

I wish that I had more faith in our patent office and FDA categories. New medical devices here tend to piggyback on a previously approved category to get out of lengthy clinical safety trials. So you can end up with different devices in the same category.

I found this out the hard way when early on in my journey a podiatrist recommended EWST, extracorporeal shock wave treament. I tried it once and it was excruciating. It blasts shock waves through the tissue and is like lithotripsy on a small local area. The device by Dynatron, is approved under the FDA as a "massager". Crazy!

I think we have to be careful of new gizmo treatments in general and have a high degree of suspicion about them. I got into trouble with cold laser also. Things that don't aggravate others can aggravate our already sensitive nerves and should always be approached with caution.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mama mac (08-20-2015)