View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 08:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Hi booklover,

I knew the feeling of verbal and emotional bullying for years at school from age 11, so I have zero tolerance when I hear of cases now. Unfortunately, I had no support from my parents. I hope strong action was taken against the assaulters.

Counselling is the best place for your son to work out these issues while he is young enough that it not become an Anxiety or PTSD related problem.

I see no problem in you returning to work (if you are able) to better the chances of your son putting this behind him, but the best thing to do would be to ask his Counsellor.

Of course, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son at this difficult transition time.

Dave.
Thank you to all of you for your prayers and sharing your stories. I'm touched that you're praying for us and saddened that you and your loved ones have been affected by bullying. Unfortunately,Mitchell was affected by bullying for several years at his old school we were always advocating for him and they were always reassuring us they were addressing the issues but their lack of action made him feel more powerless. It was complicated he didn't want to be the one who had to leave his friends, my illness meant I couldn't drive him to another school in a different district and I was in and out of hospital during this time and lost the use of my right arm for a year. Nevertheless, I was keen for him to shift no matter what it took. When he moved to another primary school he settled in easily and is now the vice school captain. After leaving his old school, the impact on him has become more evident. He sometimes gets very anxious and feels the need to be in control of his environment. At home he's experimenting with using his power and I often end up on the receiving end of his frustration and anger. I often wonder what he would be like if he'd never gone to that school. This last week he has been so much happier and it's been so peaceful here,so thanks for praying for him/ us. We've also put in a letter asking for special consideration on compassionate grounds for the high school that we really would like to send him to. So we're really hoping they'll consider it favourably if it's not too late. I had the job interview they were lovely people. The interview went reasonably well but I had to disclose my injury on the pre-employment form and that may be an issue for them- one of the roles in the casual pool I can probably do the other may involve too much driving. Oh well I find out one way or another next week. Booklover

Last edited by booklover; 08-20-2015 at 08:55 AM.
booklover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-20-2015), eva5667faliure (08-22-2015), Lara (08-20-2015), Littlepaw (08-20-2015), RSD ME (10-06-2015)