View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Hi.

I have to tell you something that happened this morning (it's not off/topic and it pertains to being exposed to stuff).

I ran into a gal that I know. She's usually very healthy, about 45 (looks fabulous), is happily married with no children. She also works as an accountant.

I noticed that she put on a few pounds but of course said nothing other than "you look great", which she really did.

After I said "what's cooking?" she said "I've been having problems. I'm severely anemic (to which I chimed up) are you taking B-12? and she looked at me and said OMG, absolutely I went to GNC and I take 1000. and I said ""Listen to me, if I know one thing, it's what kind of B-12 people should take. It's called Methyl B-12 and began telling her what I took and what I learned. She said OMG, I never knew that, my doctor never told me that, he just said 'go to GNC and get some B-12". I told her where I got mine and then I looked at her neck. She said 'I'm having thyroid problems" I said 'That's a goiter right' She said 'how did you know?" I said "my father had that and he had it removed and he was fine. You have an underactive thyroid right?" She said 'yes, I put on 10 lbs". I said "well you know why and you'll get that removed and you'll be fine' She was her happy go lucky self and then I said "I wish you well". She then said:

"Well, they found a lump in my breast and I'm having it out next week"

I then looked at her and I said "OMG, you definitely are being exposed to SOMETHING because all these conditions hit you all at once, what are you exposed to, do you have any idea?" and she said :

"You better believe I know what I'm exposed to, everybody in my workplace smokes". I just looked at her and said 'OH"

I mean what the heck was I supposed to say?:

Jeez.

Anyway, I told her to read up on the Methyl B-12 before she buys any, I explained how the ones in GNC is cyano and that the body has to convert it to Methyl B-12 and it's just better to start with the Methyl B12.

I hugged her.

So in her case, I think environment plays a key part in her developing all these medical conditions.
I'm saddened people are not protected from second-hand smoke at work.
Any indoor smoking at work places here is illegal and most companies frown upon employees smoking at all, even on their time away from work.

Melody, it must have felt rewarding to be able to help your friend by educating her.

DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (08-24-2015), Wiix (08-20-2015)