View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 10:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, I've been diagnosed with Vulvodynia. Makes sense, due to my recent history with TBI/PCS/Occipital Neuralgia. Unfortunately, this diagnosis is leading me to my psychiatrist anyway.

My psychiatrist has been with me since my TBI when anxiety was crippling, and luckily he'll know about vulvodynia and will prescribe me the amitrypline that I need during this current time.

The pain is immense, mostly when I sit, and as far as the doctor says, it looks normal, but things aren't normal as he says or else I wouldn't be in his office. He prescribed me a steroid cream for the meantime and removed my IUD to prevent further complications.

He gave me an understanding of what vulvodynia was, as well as treatment plan and that this pain is normal due to faulty pain signals.

I am now convinced that I will heal now, and I need to take one day at a time, even if it kills me.

Symptoms: Occipital Neuralgia.
2 MRI's and CT normal.

Currently going through Paxil withdrawals, and psych has me on L-Theanine, Benadryl for zaps, and Lemon Balm. It has eased it by a bit, so I am continuing the treatment till 1 month from now.

Made a 98% recovery on April 8, 2013 with only symptoms of pinched nerves/Occipital Neuralgia in the head and is being treated with injections and physical therapy.

Was experiencing:
Migraines, Headaches, Nausea and Vomiting, Panic Attacks and Anxiety, Depression, Major Insomnia, Brain Fog, Tinnitus, Lethargy, Loss of appetite, Major Heart Palpitations, Occipital Neuralgia has eased a bit.

Vitamins and Medicines: , L-Theanine, Omega 3 Super DHA 900mg, Stress B-Complex Extra Strength, Potassium Gluconate 1000mg, Magnesium Malate 1250mg, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Methylcobalamin B-12 5000 mcg, Vitamin C 500mg, Lemon Balm.

Things that helped me: My Vitamin Regimen, Medication, Earplugs (Love these!), Nature Sounds, Hydrotherapy, Neck Pillow with Heat, Heating Pads, Resting, Being Outside!
Consider is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-21-2015), Wiix (08-20-2015)