View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 03:14 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Annie (again)! I so appreciate your thorough reply.

First of all, I'm not worried about a possible Dx of MG. It would just be another label on my health conditions list and hopefully I'll get a Tx I can tolerate and that works. I've been a guinea pig with meds over the last 30 years and can't tolerate most of them, even NSAIDs.

My list of health Dx began in 1986 with Fibro and sero-negative RA. Since then the list has grown as I attempted to get relief from symptoms. The latest symptom which prevents me from driving is my right foot/leg doesn't always work the pedals. I thought it was my car but it checked out fine. When I mentioned this to my doctor this past week she immediately suspected MG. This same thing occurred back in 2001 but lasted a long time, finally resolving. I had to retire on disability at that time. It's odd that most of my life I advocated for people with disabilities, as well as supported their education and educated the public on disability issues, and now I'm on the other side of desk. Those experiences certainly have helped me during the last 14 years. Oh, just an fyi, I'm 63.

The list of Dx is too long to post here, but mostly they fall under auto-immune.
Current symptoms:
control eye and eyelid movement - blurred vision, ptosis, REM while awake
facial expression - droopy face
chewing - in afternoon
talking - "
swallowing - "
breathing - shortness of breath
neck - toriticollis
limb - poor dexterity, lifting, unstable gait, shuffling/waddling gait in am and pm, can't work car pedals
dry mouth and dry eyes
fatigue - several cat naps during the afternoon and then fall asleep by 6pm
hands and feet cramp
parasthesias and disasthesias
memory lapses
loss of balance, near syncope, dizziness, vertigo
Also I have a cyst growing between my collarbones. I thought it was part of the RA, but maybe it's the thymus?

Yes, heat does make things worse. Thank goodness for a/c, which helps some.

I don't know enough yet to ask more questions

Again, thank you for your supportive reply!
beegolden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote