View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Hello Sydney...

I can relate... I have MP too, only right now it is "dormant" mostly.
Mine is from a C-section (which had an exploratory at the same time looking
for a tumor) when my son was born 25 yrs ago.

I get twinges only now and then after using Lidoderms for a while. I guess the anesthetic actually put the nerve to "sleep" for me.

One thing that chonic pain patients can benefit from is magnesium.
I have a thread here on that subject that I am currently building. I haven't gotten to the receptor part yet...so I will just briefly state that magnesium closes the ion channels in the NMDA receptors that signal pain. Check that thread, for dosing, and types that work best.

Magnesium also promotes restful sleep, relaxes muscles that are tense, and
can help people with bruxism (grinding of the teeth).

If you don't mind, if you list your medications for me (and you can use PM if you'd rather privacy) I can look up for you if any of them are contributing
to your difficulties by depleting certain vitamins/minerals.

Chemar's suggestion for melatonin is good too. BetaBlockers for blood pressure block this hormone. The new dosing schedules are .6mg at bedtime one hour before retiring. It takes a few days to set up and work for you.
To the best of my knowledge, all melatonin now is safe, and manufactured, and does not come from animal sources anymore.

Getting restorative sleep is very hard for fibro/RSD patients. You enter into a viscious circle of more pain leading to less sleep...and quality of life goes
out the window.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote