View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 10:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry I took so long to respond as I do not visit this site as frequently as I once did.

The recovery is not as bad as one would think when you understand the surgery. From a pain perspective the TOS first rib resection was more painful. Rehab is really the same exercises he has you do when trying to treat this problem conservatively. It's my understanding most people fully recover in 3 - 4 months.

I would think this has a great chance to help you if the detached muscles are indeed the source of your problem. The problem is there is no way to tell if that is the source because MRI cannot see the muscle structure underneath the scapula. The detached muscle diagnosis is much like TOS in that it is made more from symptoms and not from some medical test. However TOS usually comes on more gradually while the detached muscle is usually linked back to some traumatic event. This was not the case for me as my rhomboids became detached when I continued to play tennis with TOS or some nerve related problem that was not yet diagnosed.

I hope this helps.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote