View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 02:57 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi,
My mother actually has a few un dx'd/untreated mental health disorders -- so she is no picnic either. She's worse than he is in terms of her mental health. My father left us with her when left for his military duties. My siblings and I stayed very close to each other while we were growing up to survive and we are still trying to get over the resentment of being left with her.

I get over optimistic sometimes and think that by the time they get here on Labor Day weekend, I will be sleeping better and taking care of my apartment better..... Then I get stressed when I can't accomplish those things. I am going to forget about meeting my goals in terms of their visit dealine. I wiill work on my goals for my own sake and hubby's.

Thanks for your comments. It is nice to know that I am not alone.

Morgy, he does have a temper. And he is a drinker. But he can be mean without the drink. Hubby and I don't drink because he is Muslem and I don't want alcohol in my life after what I saw growing up.
Throwing up for each visit is a CLEAR sign from your body. Wow. It couldn't get much clearer. Sometimes, I think that the problem is me. Then I try to listen to what my body is telling me. I'm still learning.

Pam, your post reminds me that just because he is a control freak doesn't mean that I have to react any differenly to him than I do to anyone else.

Mrs. Bear, you and I have similiar experiences. I wonder how my father will handle growing older. Right now he seems to have a huge need to travel and plan. I think that the planning is more rewarding to him than the travel itself.

Befuddled, thanks. It seems like I need a plan in place in order to deal with a planner personality!

Bizi, I even let myself worry once in a while that we could have a hurricane watch on that weekend. I told him that in an email a few months ago. We'll need extra supplies.