View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 12:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
Hi Hopeless

You might find the information about the cortisol circadian rhythm in this (slightly technical) article useful the next time that you see your primary care doctor and/or endocrinologist; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3475279/ .
Hi kiwi33,

Thanks for the article. I have a fair understanding of the very basics of cortisol and ACTH but beyond that, I am at a loss. Read most of the article but skimmed the parts that were "over my head".

I know that high levels may be indicative of certain diseases, and low levels may be indicative of others. I understand the circadian rhythm and the effect on levels. Beyond that, I let the rest up to the docs that understand this bio-chemistry.

I did not sleep well last night. Do you think that may affect my test today?

I was fasting and the draw was about 7:50 this morning. Won't get the results until next week.

The repeat of the test was (as far as I am concerned), to satisfy my docs more than me. I am not the least bit concerned since I do not feel that I have any reason to think I have any of the diseases or symptoms of them, that are related to low (or high) cortisol levels. I would really be "shocked" to be told that I have anything to be concerned about regarding my cortisol level of <0.1 because I, too, think it was a lab mistake.

Just looked back at the last time my cortisol level was drawn and the result was 10.1 back in June of 2012. (It, too, was a fasting morning level.)

These were both serum levels, not urinary tests.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to provide the link for me.

Thanks so much for your posts.

Last edited by Hopeless; 08-21-2015 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Added prior result from 2012
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (08-23-2015), DejaVu (08-21-2015)