View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Got my Arterial Doppler Report

Hi. I'm posting on here because I don't know where to put this. Hopefully I'll get some positive news. My podiatrist just gave me this earlier and looked at me and said "Melody, this is mild, come back in six months and get another test". I said "But they gave me an appt on Sept 9th, what will they do to me?" He said "Probably more tests, maybe an angiogram". I said "
With the contrast die? but that's dangerous". He shrugged and said "yeah, but not with everybody, and this is mild"

So here is the report.

BILATERAL LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIAL DOPPLER
FINDINGS:

Right:
Mild intimal thickening noted with plaque formation in the CFA, SFA, POP, PTA Arteries
The Doppler velocity obtained in the SFA Artery is consistent with mild stenosis (30-49%)
The flow CFA, SPA, POP, PTA were predominantly biphasic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Left:
Mild intimal thickening noted with plaque formation in the CFA,SFA,POP,PTA Arteries.
The flow CFA, SFA, POP, PTA were predominantly triphasic.

Conclusion: Abnormal Study, Above findings consistent with mild stenosis in the right SFA. Further evaluation recommended.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now there are two pages of drawings. Since I can't scan them and put them here, I'll just post what they indicate.

The first page gives the following reading when, under the heading EXERCISE DETAILS:. It says SITTING

Right Hand BFI: 0.95 Left Hand BFI 0.90
Right Foot dABI 1.00 Left Foot dABI: 1.00

Second page gives the following reading when, under the heading EXERCISE DETAILS: Calf-Raises...Reps/Time - 3 min

Right Hand BFI: 0.93 Left Hand BFI: 0.93
Right Foot dABI: 0.99 Left Foot dABI: 0.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it. I have mild stenosis in the SFA
Artery. I'm now going to look up the words biphasic and triphasic.

I hope someone can look at these findings and just say "mel, you are not going to die, keep taking a baby aspirin every day and keep walking up and down your stairs (that's what they told me when I had an eckocardiagram). I passed with flying colors and the lady asked me '
what do you do all day? And I said 'well, I live on the second floor and I have to go up a small flight outside and when I go inside, I have to go up a flight of stairs (not too steep). I do this 4 to 5 times a day by the way.
So far, so good. I have read that when you have this, you should continue to walk and exercise so that is my intention.
Can I reverse these findings? Or what? I will listen to whatever anyone tells me to do. I really don't want any angiogram because of what I heard about the dye. Oh, I have had contrast dye at the eye doctor who takes pictures of behind my eye. Is this the same dye? Never had a problem with that kind of dye.

thanks from the bottom of my heart to anyone who can interpret this for me. You see I have to take care of Alan right now because he HOPEFULLY, go for a Prostate Procedure on Tuesday, but they tried to postpone it because his bloodwork came back with his WTC elevated and saying HE HAS AN INFECTION, and I said 'He does not have an infection, he has severe autoimmune issues, severe psoriatsis, he usually has a slight elevated WTC, and then the doctor went back to review his past blood work, said 'OH, okay, it was the same a few months back, you can bring him in on Tuesday and we'll do the prostate procedure.

I have a lot on my plate here and I just want to put my mind at rest with this velocity and arterial doppler thing.

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (08-21-2015), DejaVu (08-21-2015), mrsD (08-23-2015)