Thread: Pet Stories
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 09:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I don't know if ya'll remember me talking about my newest "little brother" a pound puppy that my folks adopted not too long ago. But my mother shared his latest trick with me and I knew it was perfect to share as yet another pet story.

So my father was playing and rough-housing around with Major, having a grand old time of it. Got him playing tug of war, chasing after his multiple balls, diving into his lap for puppy hugs. Just playing to their little hearts content, when nature called for my father. He took a short break and headed into the bathroom. Major decided turn around was fair play, so rather than going over to the door to go out, he found what I guess he thought was a puppy urinal, and peed down the A/C floor vent with amazing accuracy.

It took my mother a moment to even realize what little Major was up to, since she could hear kind of dripping behind her, but couldn't for the life of her understand why the sound seemed to be coming from the middle of the room, until she turned around to find the dog ever so proud of himself for finding the solution to needing to ask to go out.

Of course my mother did quite quickly assure my little brother that he had not in fact found a solution to nature's call while indoors and sent him OUTSIDE to finish his business. And my DH has the distinct pleasure of helping my mother clean the A/C duct work since he handles all the their A/C needs.

The good news out of all of this is "little brother" was neither grounded to dog pen, nor sent to bed without supper for his crimes, instead both of my parents think it is hilarious, NEVER want it to happen again, but kind of that once in lifetime event that you would never even have thought as a possibility.
Darlene (08-22-2015), msarkie (08-26-2015), msbluis (08-22-2015), SallyC (08-22-2015)