Old 08-22-2015, 09:36 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--you can still eat your greens.

They're healthy for you beyond the circulatory benefits. And remember, you do want your blood to be thinner, not thicker, if there are some possible problems with lower limb circulation. You're trying to avoid thicker blood that clots more easily. I wouldn't be worrying about eating greens unless you are also on blood thinners like wafarin (which I don't believe you are, right?). And I don't believe you've ever reported problems with easy bruising and the like.

I looked over the report, and your circulatory compromise is mild. You have some narrowing of the artery--probably some hardening of it, too. I'd wager you probably have some narrowing and stiffening of blood vessels in other parts of the body as well that weren't tested. But as Mrs. D points out, you haven't progressed to the point of peripheral artery disease, and hopefully with what you do you never will. In truth, I am surprised your report is as good as it is--you are, ahem, of a certain age, you are diabetic, etc.--it's a tribute to you there are not MORE circulatory compromises.

This is something you need to watch over, but it's not an emergency--keep walking and stair climbing, watch the diet, try not to stress to much over Alan.

THANK YOU. Between you, Mrs. D and everyone else who gave me great advice, I promise to do right by you. LET'S HEAR IT FOR SPROUTS AND GREENS!!!

Lol

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-22-2015), Hopeless (08-22-2015), mrsD (08-23-2015)