View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 10:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Hello!

Sorry you're experiencing problems with the teeth. Have you tried chewing gum to offset the tic? Sometimes just changing something like that can work during the day time. Chewing gum can change the muscles that are being used when you have the teeth tics.

If you're grinding your teeth at night you should see someone in the dental field. A properly fitted mouth guard can be useful. My son used one for a while when he was very young. Even the ones you can buy at the pharmacy are better than nothing temporarily.

Some medications can cause jaw clenching temporarily so if you've just started a new medication you could look into that.

Hopefully it'll wane soon. It's important to keep an eye on the teeth so that they don't get broken or worn down too much.

Make sure you don't have any neglected dental work too, because a broken tooth or a painful tooth might just be making the tics worse.
Meds aren't the problem. I though I only take metoprolol for mild mital valve prolapse. The teeth tic is only a brief note, not a grinding. And not while sleeping. Gum sounds plausible though. I may try that. And yes, I also hope this too wanes. I have had worse tics.
sassenach41 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote