View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 07:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Can you get an impact without remembering it?

I'm sorry if I'm being obsessive, but something weird happened to me.

I sat on a chair in my room and the wall was behind me. I leaned backwards and rose up quickly after a few minutes and immediately felt dizziness and a metallic taste in my mouth, which faded in about 30 seconds.

I have seen it mentioned in this forum quite frequently that a metallic taste can indicate that a concussion happened. Could have I gotten an impact when I rose up or leaned back against the wall and I didn't notice it?

I know this might sound like a silly question, but the back of my head hurts right now (1 hour later) and I'm in a fog. I think to myself that maybe it's possible that I leaned back quickly or rose up in such a way that made me get an impact. I think that it's possible and I might just no remember it.

Even if I didn't get an impact, what could explain the metallic taste and the pain at the back of my head?

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote