View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 09:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Brachial6,

Didn't you have a similar problem last month, with getting the insurer to cover your pain medication?
Your attorney may need to take a different approach, so you (and your attorney) are not going through this every month?

In order to enforce benefits coverage, one must determine the governing body with jurisdiction.

If the company you were working for was self-insured (Federal jurisdiction), call the U.S. Department of Labor, Pensions Division. (Or maybe have your attorney do this. This launches an investigation into the employer, immediately.)

If the company you were working for is not self-insured (State jurisdiction), contact your State Insurance Commissioner's office.

Jo*Mar has offered good ideas, too. I would alert all Senators, Representatives, if possible.

This particular insurer has a negative reputation and is known to jerk people around as much as possible. After years of ongoing harassment, I put an end to it by reporting them to the appropriate agency. Never another problem with them.

I hope you can also receive the benefits due you... in peace.

DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (08-23-2015)