View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 11:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default go see carnitine expert ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I am editing my carnitine entry in the Subforum Supplements thread.
Interesting side note to the carnitine for cipn debate ...

Since I am an American living in Switzerland, turns out that one of the more known research experts on carnitine for nerves, happens to be a reasonable drive away from me in Northern Italy.

He conducted the study listed below, along with others, that most other papers cite when discussing carnitine for cipn.

A year ago, I emailed him, he personally responded and was willing to give me an appointment (a couple of months away) to discuss this topic, to my surprise. (Top opinion leaders will often respond to emails from general public in Europe, which is wonderful). I then got caught up in other health issues.

His research is fairly pro-carnitine and I'm curious what he would now say that the tide is tipping in the opposite direction of his studies.

I believe he would still meet with me, I am not entirely sure all that I would ask him.

Currently, this is not at the top of my list of priorities but if any of you could ask him / discuss anything ... what would you be curious about?

Natalie

... also a search of Bianchi G in pubmed shows all his work with carnitine with different nerve problems.

"Symptomatic and neurophysiological responses of paclitaxel- or cisplatin-induced neuropathy to oral acetyl-L-carnitine.
Bianchi G, Vitali G, Caraceni A, Ravaglia S, Capri G, Cundari S, Zanna C, Gianni L.
Eur J Cancer. 2005 Aug;41(12):1746-50."
v5118lKftfk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-23-2015)