View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 12:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Mark, I've sensed some of your frustration at these "bump" issues posted by numerous community members in recent times. I understand that you've lived and endured a long battle against what appears a very complex and difficult battle with PCS. In doing so, you've developed good approaches for dealing with a lot of things and have a substantial and impressive knowledge about things that we all seem to face at one time or another.

However, expressing your frustration at what you deem ridiculous may not be the best way of helping community members. While you've come to terms with these issues over your 30+ years (more?), individuals who are in the 1st year of recovery, or perhaps even the 2nd, may not be similarly skilled to do so. I think a bit more compassion could and should be afforded. After all, the anxiousness, the unknowns about how long it'll take to recover, all the questions about whether the individual will ever be the same, all the issues about returning to work and paying the bills, about depression, relationship problems, etc, etc, are completely and totally overwhelming during the first 12 months... having questions about bumps to the head seem highly relevant and asking on this forum can be extremely useful in quickly finding out information, which, in turn, helps alleviate stress and anxiety.

After all, who hasn't had a concussion and subsequently hit their head only to have that "Oh ****" moment...

Last edited by Chemar; 08-23-2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: NT Guidelines
MicroMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (08-23-2015), Laupala (08-23-2015), TheNorwegian (08-24-2015)