View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 12:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hippocrates number one rule - do no harm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
The research on nutrients in medical areas, tends to vacillate.

My impression is that the carnitine used in the chemo studies may have been the wrong dose. And selection of the study patients may have somehow skewed the results...this is common with nutrient studies.

Some studies used up to 3 grams a day...and perhaps that is just too much?

So I am on the fence with this for chemo patients. I know carnitine really helps with recovery of muscle after working out, as I used it when I was more active and it worked to prevent stiffness and soreness for me.

Carnitine has been used in the medical community for a long time. For AIDs patients, heart failure, and hyperthyroidism.

I just don't think there is a definitive answer yet.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes, I feel the same.

I was surprised that despite the years of studies, recent discussions now seem to completely drop ALCAR for cipn and cite last year's study as the new fact without questioning it much.

I find it hard to experiment on my body with things that I will be taking daily for a long time, especially when the threat has been made that the treatment could make things even worse.

I think of Hippocrates "Do no harm" (i.e whatever you do, don't start screwing things up even more).

At the same time, I did have a good feeling about ALCAR w RLA.

Natalie
v5118lKftfk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-23-2015), mrsD (08-23-2015)