View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been dealing with my problems for 2.5 years now. I thought my relative youth (now 25) would aid me in my recovery. Now it appears that these are long term issues I'll never fully recover from. I'm pretty miserable, especially on bad days when I can't do much of anything, but I try my best to savor the good days.

Try to make the good days as good as possible. If you have any other health issues that might be compounding your issues try to alleviate them.

First I tried to fix my balance as best as I could. I have a visual-vestibular mismatch and poor balance only makes that disorder worse. I worked with a vestibular therapist on exercises that improved my balance and now I can at least tolerate bus rides and supermarkets most days.

Lately, I've noticed that chronic sinus problems are making my issues worse. I've seen an ENT and she thinks I have a slight deviated septum and chronic rhinitis. I will see an allergist in the coming months. My hope is that they might be able to treat this sinus problem and that it will makes things at least a little easier for me

2.5 years on I'm still trying to improve my sleep. I feel like if this starts to get better I might notice gains. Just keep trying your best.
chrybmb (10-14-2015), goodgrief20 (12-04-2016)