Old 08-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
Hi Neuroproblem,

Makes sense to me. Clothing full of smoke makes me feel very ill. If hubby and I happen to get exposed to smoke, we cannot rest until showered and clothing is washed. It's a chore if it happens at an evening affair and we get home late. Then, we each shower, tie the clothing up in plastic bags, toss the bags in the garage and wash them in the morning.

DejaVu
I just don't get it. I know it's addictive. I get that part. But I was outside of a hospital once and I saw doctors coming out and smoking. I went up to one female doctor and she saw the inquisitive look on my face and she said 'Yeah, I know, you want to know why I smoke?" I said "I'm not being rude but you do know what you do know, do you not?" She said "Yeah, but the last time I stopped smoking I put on 25 lbs, and I'd rather have cancer than be fat".

Now what response could I have possibly made? I had no answer. I thanked her for her explanation and left to get my bus.

And I went to a funeral of my friend who died at 53 from cancer that spread all over and outside many of our friends were smoking. I walked up one of them and said "She's inside (well, you know what followed)

Do you know my friend looked at me, started to shake and said "I can't talk about, I'm scared enough".

And I presently know someone who is about 57, has had two different types of cancer and STILL smokes.

Can't be in denial, she's had two types of cancer.

So what the heck is in this cigarette that has all these people smoking? It must be a chemical reaction in their brain that makes them feel that they are invincible???

Mel

P.S. My mother smoked, my father smoked, her sisters and brothers smoked. I do not, nor have I ever smoked. But when I was 26, the doctor was listening to my chest, looked at me and said "How long have you smoked"? I looked at him and said 'What the H are you talking about I don't smoke". He said 'Oh, everybody around you smokes right?" I said "yeah", He said 'you have the lungs of a smoker" He then said 'As soon as you are able, get away from these people and don't be around anyone who smokes'. Thankfully, my parents moved to Florida and I got an apartment and no one has ever smoked in my apartment nor do I go near anyone who smokes. But this whole 3rd hand smoke has me concerned because I DO know people who smoke (and they know not to smoke around me).

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-24-2015)