View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 04:29 PM  
janieg

I have my annual gyn appointment next week, and am going to go armed with some questions regarding bio-identicals, progesterone, etc...

My neuropathy came on suddenly the month after I went off the birth control pill I'd been on for about 22 years. It took a long time to think it may have had anything to do with, but now I think there's a good possibility.

For those taking prescription progesterone, what led your docs to prescribe it? Was it based on testing or symptoms?

Thanks
Idiopathic, Full Body, Small Fiber Neuropathy since 11/2013. Symptoms include altered sensation in toes; constant tingling/vibrations in feet and lower legs; intermittent tingling in temples, scalp and face; full body "buzzing" in the morning; referred sensation in feet cause by touch; occasional bouts with severe cramping in my feet and legs; when flaring, full body burning.

Metabolic issues: FBG -90 A1C - 5.3 with glucose spikes over 200, can't metabolize alcohol, high LDL. Genetic mutations contribute to glucose issues.

Current treatments:
  • Omega 3's - Fish Oil (2400 mg EPA, 1200mg DHA), 2000 IU D3, 200 mg Magnesium Threonate,
  • 5 mg Meribin Biotin for low-normal biotinidase levels.
  • Low carb "back to the farm" diet
  • Quell TENS unit, 5% lidocaine patches, magnesium cream
janieg is offline   Reply With Quote