View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 10:35 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Hi,

Pray your endurance will bring joy into your lives; but remember you also must do things that you enjoy "just for you".

Gerry
Hi Gerry and Dejevu,
It's been a few days....
Things are steady here. I avoid any conflict by basically...avoidance. I know that is not the way to do things in a normal situation, and have never handled things like this before in our marriage. But with the brain injury, I am finding out that sometimes things are not worth arguing or debating. I am not trying to be "right" anymore, like I might have been before this happened to him.

SOmetimes it gets me mad because I see a lot of his his personality flaws that he's always had. Just magnified. What I didn't like before is much worse.

We have been pretty peaceful since the silent treatment. Civil conversations etc.
I avoid him when he is irritable.

He did come home from his ballgame the other day mad. Evidently the guys were not taking his suggestions and he stomped off mad and went home.
When he told me about it, I just remarked "well its a good thing it is only a game"
HE got quiet and left the room. Not what he wanted to hear, I guess.
He is having these altercations more with other people.
at work as well.

He is hard to be around. I feel bad for him, but I can see why he is being alienated more and more.

I cannot believe how much I am changing to accommodate this new person in my life.
I would never have handled things this way years ago. It would have been fireworks!
falldc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-24-2015), ger715 (08-25-2015), tamiloo (08-24-2015)