View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 06:15 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi Sam,

I care, too. You are brave and right to admit to these thoughts here so we can start to show you where to get help. Just remember, you are dealing with the turmoil of growing up on top of a serious medical issue - that is not easy for a healthy person.

DejaVu has already pointed you towards Therapy and addressing your Guidance Counsellor at school with your needs, but you really do need to deal with family attitude - anger is destructive.

Compromise is the way forward here. As suggested by bizi, could you see your way to writing a letter to your family expressing exactly how you feel. If opening up to the whole family is too daunting, choose one member to pass the letter to. Ask for help and understanding, but you have to offer something in return - 2 hours of your game time a day which you will sacrifice to spend with, interact with your family. Even start lower, say an hour, but make that commitment to renew the bond.

If your female friend would agree to participate in this activity occasionally, then you may not feel so isolated.

Friends at school, or outside, is a tricky one. Often people find kindred spirits in the shared interests of Clubs. The only thing my best friend and I had in common at the start was liking an obscure Prog Rock Group. The thing is you never know where friendships are going to form.

Above all else, work on removing these Dark Thoughts. They are damaging further what should be a most wonderful part of your life. You are seeking help, which shows maturity. Now you need to get out and live your life within your PCS limitations.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-25-2015), barbo (09-01-2015), Cheryl1818 (08-25-2015), eva5667faliure (08-26-2015), indigo (12-12-2015), Littlepaw (09-01-2015), SamG11 (08-25-2015), vintagewine (08-25-2015), Wren (08-25-2015)