Thread: Pet Stories
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 12:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Finally a success of sorts for Snowcap! We have built in cup holders on our couch, and for whatever reason they fascinate him. Normally when I'm cleaning up around the house, he'll decide to clean out the cups (does a fair job of it too, buffing out the water rings and dusting out his fur). But today he was just having a blast pawing away at them, so I started teasing him by dropping little things into the cups.

Finally I realized, they'd be a perfect pet puzzle for treats for him (taking his learning curve into account) so I grabbed a handful of treats and dropped some into both cups, and then just to keep him occupied a bit longer I tossed a tissue over the treats and stuffed it down pretty well into the cups.

It still took him a bit to figure out where the treats were, he knew I grabbed them, knew I went into the living room with them, but couldn't figure out where the treats could be, he even tried running through his list of tricks, he sat, spoke, pawed, danced, laid down, rolled over, froze, and then looked up at me like "okay ma what gives..."

So I fiddled with the tissue a bit to entice him towards the cup holders... Still took him a minute to figure out that the treats were under the tissues, he could smell them, so he jumped off the couch a few times two try and check underneath it.

But finally in a stroke of 'genius' given his intelligence level he figured it out. He pawed out the tissue and then spent the next thirty minutes fighting to dig out the treats (all 7 of them). And he still had one more cup holder to go, I wish I could say he did better.... But if wishes were horses.... I mean he fell off the couch three times and failed to attempts to jump back up.

Not going to hold my breath for him faring better tomorrow, but soooooo gonna do it again tomorrow, I think it'll take awhile to lose its entertainment value.
Darlene (08-26-2015), msarkie (08-26-2015), msbluis (08-26-2015)