View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Sam,

I urge you to talk to your family about getting into Therapy. Anxiety and Depression can quickly become long term, deeply ingrained, debilitating issues if they are not addressed early. You do not want to end up like me, unable to even talk to family on the phone, nor stand in a queue at the Bank without having rising feelings of Panic.

Now, while you are young, is the time to be taught coping mechanisms, or probably be completely cured of your anxious state. This will go some way to alleviate the Depression you are feeling.

Try to understand that all of your peers have the same fears as you. You have just had a physical setback causing mental issues, so you have to work harder to succeed at everything.

I know you are unable to participate in sport due to your PCS, but could you get yourself involved in other ways - Equipment Manager, Statistics Logger? - anything to be involved in a Group. Remember, there are plenty of other activities to participate in which involve peer contact and personal growth. Just put yourself out there, find your niche, make yourself happy.

This should be the brightest time of your life, fight your hardest to Own It.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-25-2015), Andy_Pablo (08-25-2015), barbo (08-26-2015), Cheryl1818 (08-25-2015), DejaVu (08-28-2015), eva5667faliure (08-26-2015), ger715 (09-06-2015), Littlepaw (09-01-2015), Wren (08-25-2015)