View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 07:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have to ask... if anyone knows, can Statins cause behavioral changes? I mean, sure he lost his emotions and only displays either being overly content, or irritation and anger. But other things? He is/was a sweet man, but now, after getting a new care worker she left after just three days, scared about his behavior. He had basically showed "interest" in her, and she freaked.

He has no memory of this and says it is not true. A former care worker also left (claiming other reasons than him but I'm not sure), he verbally assaulted and then forgot about it.

No one but me thinks he actually might have said inappropriate things to this new one, he is "way too nice for that". And no, it would be out of character, still I can't see why she would be lying that everyone else thinks she is. They base it on him not remembering doing anything, but he didn't remember screaming and harassing the old one either.

So now they will send him yet another care worker. If something happens this time, I guess I will know for sure something is wrong. Should I stop thinking this is the statin and start thinking this is dementia? But then no one thinks it is, and no one thinks it is statins either. They blame old age (I guess being 50+ is old now..).
fadetoblack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote