View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 05:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Root canal infection

I was hoping someone on here would be able to help me.

I had a root canal 3+ years ago.
I have some sensitivities in my root canal lately (past 6 months) where it hurts drinking hot or cold. The pain is bearable though it fades shortly after.

The doctor has said he can see at the bottom of my tooth that an xray shows a slight infection. I have little to no symptoms of the infection - its barely painful and no other symptoms besides that. Am I right in thinking that every root canal tooth basically has an infection and that it is just a matter of time or waiting to see if it spreads further.

Problem is I am going away for a 3 week holiday abroad (in 2.5 weeks) and for it to suddenly become infected would be disasterous. Would my options be pull the tooth? Or if i am on holiday for 3 weeks and this isnt possible at the time to just continue taking amoxicillan for 3 weeks and wait till I get back from Holiday to discuss pulling the tooth options?

I am slightly freaking out that it will become infected before/on holiday which means constant taking of antibiotics for 6 weeks. Is that even possible~? Will antibiotics alone mean the infection will go away or will just be treated until a further solution is available?

HELP, VERY CONFUSED AND WORRIED.
erinbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote