View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 08:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
I was diagnosed with both. They are just literal explanations of symptoms. With out finding the cause it doesn't even matter.
Fibromyalgia literally means muscle pain throughout the body and small fiber neuropathy/ or polyneuropathy means nerve damage that can also be anywhere in the body. So lots of pain and terrible symptoms, but no solution.
I think that pure small fiber neuropathy is mostly tingling, buzzing, numbness, and nerve pain, where as more invloved neuropathies cause weakness and tremor.
Fibro to me is such an end of the rope diagnosis that doctors use for people who are in terrible pain all over with many ailments who have clean blood work.
My doctor told me Small Fiber Neuropathy is just a newer more specific diagnosis that they can make of the sickness. The skin punch biopsy has allowed them to do that. Years ago they would've simply called it paresthesia, dysesthesia or even mild fibromyalgia. I believe most neuros don't know the extreme pain involved with SNF as a result. Just treat the symptoms with supplementation and medicine if absolutely necessary. Key thing is, regardless eye on the future and eye on healing yourself.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote