View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 10:41 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover View Post
We have been having a hard time for a long time but things seem to be very overwhelming right now. Our son is 11-years-old I’ll call him Mitchell – one of his names. He was subjected to persistent severe physical, emotional and verbal bullying from a group of boys in primary school. We withdrew him when he was strangled in the playground. He has finally agreed to and commenced counselling for related emotional and behavioural issues which mainly present as an issue at home. At the moment, there are number of stressors. He is due to transition to secondary school in January and we have concerns about which is the best school for him. We don’t want him to be returning to the same group who were bystanders to the bullying. However, we have been attempting to buy a house in the neighbouring zone to avoid this situation and keep coming up against financial barriers. I have an interview for the possibility of some casual work and I’m wondering whether this is wise or viable given his current well-being? I also have a serious chronic illness, RSD type two with extensive nerve damage to my neck and arms, and I’m not coping very well with his behaviour at home. Both my husband and I would like our relationship with him to improve as he is constantly pushing the boundaries at the moment. Please pray for healing, guidance, peace and strength-maybe a house too. Thank you Booklover

Booklover,

Prayers are with you and your family. My son and daughter-in-law finally removed my grandson from the school system during his 7th grade and began home schooling. The relief my grandson has with not having to deal with the mean nasty behavior is very evident.

My daughter-in-law really enjoys working with my grandson and he loves his "teacher". There are so many programs to aid in the Home Schooling of children. She can now work on the things that most need improvement. It has really turned out well for all concerned.

Last year would have been his freshman year in high school.(It was decided the Home Schooling would continue.) This is working out beautifully as well. I asked him last week "when do you begin school"this year? He looked at his mother and waited to hear the start date. He has built up confidence in himself which is so very important. He has become a lector at their Church once a month.

Again; the programs for Home Schooling are amazing. Additionally, many internet programs include teaching with the "teacher"(my daughter-in-law).

Of course, this is not for everyone. I, myself, had doubts. But seeing how well he is doing emotionally as well as the confidence in himself he has shown is amazing.

Praying all will work toward peace and harmony in the home.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
booklover (08-29-2015), Darlene (08-28-2015), DejaVu (08-27-2015), Mark56 (09-04-2015), RSD ME (10-06-2015)