View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 12:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Pcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfnelson View Post
Hi Mark,

Chronic symptoms include; light & noise sensitivity, tinnitus, dizziness and balance problems, tingling and pressure in head/behind left eye near impact site, language difficulties and slurred speech (probably just slowed processing).

I do not have any tenderness behind my ears but have lots of 'pressure' behind the left eye.

It is possible that I have an undiagnosed injury other than the concussion which accounts for some of the above symptoms. MRI and CT scan reveal nothing. The Neurologist suggested a few things;

1. Vestibular damage - light & noise sensitivity, tinnitus, balance & coordination. I am half way through the assessments.
2. Occular nerve damage - pressure behind left eye and tingling in head. This may be determined at a later stage.
3. Depression/anxiety - aggravating all of the symptoms. I don't doubt I am a little depressed and anxious but feel these symptoms are secondary to some form of injury.

Any other suggestions?

He also recommended I get a neuropsychological assessment to determine any damage to areas of the brain controlling language and short term memory etc. I am awaiting my appointment in a week.

The exercise regiment is very reminiscent of the Buffalo Protocol but now I'm a little confused if I should proceed. I suppose it can't make me any worse after 18 months though.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hello
Just checking your progress with dizziness and other symptoms? Having similar issues. Need help!
ekhfs
ekhfs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote