View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 02:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Tasha, I'm 30 and I got a preliminary diagnosis for Trigeminal Neuralgia about 10 days ago.

I too have had to come to terms with thinking "how can I be having this when I'm so young?"
The first day after seeing my GP was alright then after reading all the resources I was given online the next day it overwhelmed me and I burst into tears infront of my mother.

All the things that will be affecting your mind were affecting my mind, "do I have a tumour causing this? am I going to be dead by Christmas?"
"do I have MS and am I going to lose control of my limbs?"
I felt like my best chance was to hope for Trigeminal Neuralgia and live the rest of my life in excruciating pain.

However I got over it and I now know that I have to stay strong and not let it affect me until I know for sure what's happening to me.
I've had a range of blood tests already( I had to fill 9 tubes, I almost passed out after lol) and now I am going to see a Neurologist soon so I can find out what's going on inside my head.

You will have those doom and gloom feelings everyone does, but I promise you they will pass and you will be in a much better position to deal with your situation.
Let the doctors find out what's wrong with you first then worry about it afterwards.

What I found out from reading about Trigeminal Neuralgia most is the very wide range of treatments for it.
There are some very good drugs that have huge success in dealing with the pain and I have read about newer drugs that have little of no side effects.
I have read of 4 procedures where they can kill the nerve and relieve pain and you don't even have to be unconscious while they do it.
All this is even before surgery and I know that's the scary one, id rather not have my skull cut open either but the success rates of it are really encouraging.

Don't give up Tasha there is so much that can be done to treat this condition and you may even find out that it isn't even Trigeminal Neuralgia and it goes away on it's own.
It's a long shot and it is rare but I've read if the cause can not be found it can just go away on it's own.

I too have more questions than answers at the moment and that's frustrating but have hope.

You are not alone.
Antony20/10/1984 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (08-27-2015), TashaH (08-30-2015), Wiix (08-27-2015)